Friday, May 5, 2017

Album review: Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper

            I will reviewing by far the best album (in my opinion) by Chance the Rapper called Acid Rap.  This is his second mixtape after 10 days. The leading hit song on this album is Favorite Song featuring Childish Gambino. This album mostly talks about his life story, and you can see this the most in Cocoa Butter Kisses. The chorus in this song goes, "Cigarettes on cigarettes, my mama think I stank I got burn holes in my hoodies, all my homies think it's dank I miss my cocoa butter kisses I miss my cocoa butter kisses Cigarettes on cigarettes, my mama think I stank I got burn holes in my hoodies, all my homies think it's dank I miss my cocoa butter kisses I miss my cocoa butter kisses" These lines clearly are well thought out because he is talking about how his past life wasn't so easy, and how is mama even see something different about him. Chance is a very original writer that and is a phenomenal lyricist. He is very explicit with his lyrics and shows how he deals with his struggles by going to drugs, and alcohol for help.



No comments:

Post a Comment